Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1960s Nostalgia Courtesy of Mad Men and Brooks Brothers

Love Mad Men? Dream of being Don Draper? Well, now you can! Sort of. At least, you can dress like him! And it's all thanks to the genius minds over at Brooks Brothers.





Below is the actual suit. It's part of Brooks' Fitzgerald line in the 1818 Collection, which is "distinguished by narrower lapels, higher armholes, a two-button jacket and trimmer fitting, plain-front trousers."




In celebration of this fashion nostalgia, we should celebrate the man himself. We should also celebrate his wife. Because, like Blair Waldorf, Betty Draper is my hero. Apparently, I aspire to nothing more than an endearingly manipulative, bitchy upper class WASP and a slightly disturbed, 1960s suburban housewife.

Yeah, I'm OK with that.

1 comment:

  1. Though I like this suit I dont think there is anything classier than the 3 button Navy blazer ... anytime B2(squared)(Brooks Brothers) connects itself to popular culture it scares me.

    ReplyDelete